Choosing an Information Technology firm for your business can be quite difficult. So here are some basic questions that you must ask when hiring a new firm or consultant:
- Get references and actually call them.
- This is the most important task you have. The market is flooded with IT Professionals but there is only a select few that can fully meet all your needs and finding a good one can take time. I cannot stress this enough for you to actually call references. You need too!
- Ask for their prior experience as a Consultant.
- Corporate experience is a big plus since a consultant with prior enterprise experience can add a lot of value to a small business. Not only a small business but to businesses that have a plan to expand.
- Shop around before deciding:
- Interview consultants the same way as you would interview new employees.
- Once committed, they will be your IT department, so be sure that you have taken the opportunity to go over their contract and are completely satisfied with the contract before signing it.